Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Peace In The Waiting

There is this song called "I Will Never Let You Go" by the artist Manafest. It talks about how even throughout struggles, God will never let us go. I love this song, however the is one line that I have struggled with on this journey. It says "I'll be your peace in the waiting", pertaining to God telling us that He will be our peace in the waiting. My struggle with this is that I haven't really understood where that peace has been for me throughout this journey. I knew that I should feel God's peace amidst the waiting, but I've had a hard time finding it. I've struggled to be content and just trust that He has this incredible plan for us and that this will come to an end eventually.

Today however, I was walking Scrumpy when God spoke to me. I find he does this often when I am walking with Scrumpy since it is one of the few times that I have nothing that I have to focus on other than just walking and being. Today, He revealed where the peace in waiting is for me. No matter what, the wait is hard, but for me, the peace in the waiting is knowing that my four and half year wait will result in a lifetime of change for a child. That doesn't mean that it won't ever be hard, but it gives me peace to know that 4+ years is nothing compared to the rest of a child's life, and that my life will in turn be changed by him/her joining our family. That is the peace in the waiting and that is why we will keep persevering, keep trusting, and keep being obedient in the call that God has placed on our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment