Friday, May 31, 2013

Catching up

Hey everyone! I know that I've been MIA for awhile and for that I apologize. A couple of weeks ago I was just feeling really overwhelmed by life and it was just one of those times where it felt like everything was going wrong all at the same time. Thankfully we have a great God who takes care of us and our needs. In addition to that, I just don't have much of an update. We are still just waiting. So in the meantime we are planning fundraisers, such as our yard sale that we are accepting donations for, and we recently got accepted by an amazing organization called "Lifesong for Orphans" for a fundraising project. The project is called a Both Hands project where in effort raise funds for our adoption, we and 10 volunteers work on a widow's house for a day. It is an amazing way to care for the widow and the orphan and give back to someone in our community. It looks like we will be doing this project on August 3rd, so if you or anyone you know would like to be a volunteer please let us know!

Other than that, I have been checking photolistings of children in the foster care system to see if I feel like God has chosen one of them for our family and looking up both domestic and international adoption situations. At this point we are trying to remain as open as possible to whatever God has in store and what we feel like He is calling us to. I actually read a quote today that really touched my heart. It was from a 15 year old that said "Even at 15, my dream is to have a mom". Sometimes I get so caught up in how difficult it is to have to wait to be parents, yet I know that it will happen someday, that I forget about how hard it must to be a child that may never have parents. The foster care photolistings are full of children with specials needs or over the age of 7, many of them teenagers, who will likely never be adopted. They will age out of the system and never have parents to call their own. This makes me so sad and is a burden that God has been placing on my heart more and more recently. Please keep these kids in your prayers, that they will be adopted or find loving people that will treat them as their own children.  Please keep praying for us as we wait for the child that God has planned for us and please pray about whether or not God is calling you to volunteer for our Both Hands project. I promise that I will post sooner next time. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment