Monday, June 4, 2012

I just wanted to write a quick update letting all of you know where we are at right now. I wrote previously saying that we wanted to try and begin our homestudy in May so that we would be closer to being ready to receive a child if/when that situation came up. Unfortunately we weren't able to make that happen. We don't have the finances raised/saved to pay for a homestudy at this point. I just have to believe that God has called us to at least begin the adoption process now so that we will be ready for our child when He brings him/her to us. While faith and trust have been a regular struggle for me recently in this process, I have to trust that God has put the desire to be parents in our hearts for a reason. It's too easy to feel hopeless, and if I'm honest with myself and all of you, there are days where I have succumbed to that hopelessness. But I know that God has a plan in all of this and that children are in our future. Please continue to pray for us and support us in any way that you feel called. If you are called to pray for us then please pray hard! If you feel called to support us financially then please consider doing so. No matter how you support us, we thank you. We can't do this on our own and that just continues to be revealed to us more and more.  We thank you for the blessings that you are in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment